Our latest initiatives
Our members are working together to promote the Triple Aim: improvement of care, improvement of health and lowering costs.
Here are the initiatives we’re working on:
- Opioid Management – Implement consistent practices across Wilderness Health members for managing chronic opioid patients in our communities.
- Depression Care – Develop a program to augment care coordination and care providers of mental health into primary care.
- ER Utilization – Reduce non-emergent ER usage and identify patients who use an emergency room with no primary care physician.
- Coordinate and improve patient care using evidence-based medicine.
- Provide quality, local healthcare in our communities.
- Identify shared service opportunities between participating entities to maximize operating efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Explore alternative payment opportunities, such as accountable care organizations (ACOs), with payers as the system transitions from fee for service to fee for value.
- Work with key community stakeholders to improve the continuum of care and identify gaps in care.
- Integrate data between entities to enable better care coordination and care planning for patients